Saturday, December 18, 2010

Sarah Richardson

Most of these photo's are from Sarah Richardson's country house which is a Canadian website/tv show. I love her style. The black dining room is not hers. I love her wainscott and how she uses wallpaper above it. I'm thinking about doing something similar above the wainscott in the entry and maybe one other room. I could easily put it up myself because it would be short strips.
This picture makes me think I should paint my hutch black.
Back to Sarah's house, doesn't the wallpaper look nice in this room?
I like how they used a towel bar to hang a quilt in this room, thought some of you quilters might be interested in that idea.
The entry is my favorite-the red door pops and the paisley drapes are perfect. Google Sarah Richardson and you'll find her blog which shows about 7 different homes she has decorated in totally different styles. This country house is my favorite.

3 comments:

Karen said...

Go for it...paint it black. I think you would be happy with it. I will google Sara.

ellen omphalius said...

I was wondering how to get some decorating advise from Miss Richardson.I have kitchen/dinning space that I am putting down eng. hardwood floor I also have wide tong&groove walls half way up
there will be plaid wallpaper on the top half and kitchen cupboards the same has the wall. I have a wooden deacons bench what color should I paint it? The wallpaper is sage green red and beige eeomphalius@aol.com

Gretchen said...

Your observations are helpful in seeing the details of the rooms. The photographs are great and your webpage warm. Great job.